Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobber review and thank you.
Exactly C. Back in 2000 we fished a little Idaho lake that was Chironomid heaven. We used 20' to 30' leaders off a floating line. Problem was, the law required barbless hooks, so when fish hit we struggled to release the "then used" fixed indicator so we could reel the fish in. Needless to say we lost a few.
My husband while looking through a steelhead magazine noticed these little styro balls about the diameter of a dime with this plastic peg. He ordered a few and we proceeded to use these for deep nymphing with the loop. They worked famously! We showed them to Dennis Brakke (a Fly Shop owner) and he loved the idea. He found a company to produce these indicators in different color and sizes.
Dennis passed away a few years back and we were not financially able to take over the indicators, so Herb Patterson did.
He was wonderful at spreading the word as Phil and Brian are the BIGGEST promoters.
So, here we are today still using them. I prefer the little bigger ones like the 1" ball. On Choppy water they are easy to see, plus they create a lot of up down movement and the bigger ones tend to help in setting the hook.

My brother inlaws x use to spin fish with them as HH is using them.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Bobber review and thank you. - by hooknhunter - 05-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Re: [cpierce] Bobber review and thank you. - by flygoddess - 05-06-2014, 11:41 PM