Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturday Starvation
Just got back from Starvation, meant to stay for Sunday fishing too but unfortunately the catching was a bit too slow to justify it. As promised, a full report:

Launched around 8am in our pontoons at Rabbit Gulch water temp 40 degrees. Headed out to the middle trolling a shad scatter rap with no luck. Trolled west in about 30 feet of water until I picked up a group of fish hanging on the bottom on the sonar. Tossed a 3 inch smelt Gulp! to them and hooked up with a fat 16-17 inch rainbow. Continued trolling and caught football shaped 12ish inch rainbow about 15 minutes later. Headed west trolling with nothing until I decided to switch back to bottom bouncing gulp minnows. Not long after I felt a little tap which turned into the best fight of the day to which I landed a FAT 20 inch rainbow. Love a fish like that on light tackle, my forearm was sore by the time I landed him as he kept running away as soon as he'd see the 'toon.

Not much action for the next hour or two until I again landed a 16-17 inch bow on a gulp. Shortly thereafter while chatting with my buddy on the water I watched him land a decent walleye bouncing a tube sweetened with crawler.

Head back to shore to go grab some lunch and then get back at it. Around 3:30 we were back on the water and I was jigging gulps again since it was the only thing that seemed to slightly work. Within the first hour of being back out on the water (3:30-4:30) I had landed 2 walleye and one of the biggest rainbows I've ever caught. Unfortunately didn't get a picture of the rainbow because he was too anxious to get back in the water while I was trying to make him pose for a picture but he was roughly 20-22 inches and FAT, FAT, FAT (Have I mentioned that all the fish were FAT?) . Taking a picture from a pontoon, by yourself, when you can't even get your hand around the fish is quite difficult Smile I continued fishing thinking it was only going to get hotter but I was wrong, not so much as a nibble after about 4:30 therefore I decided to head home.

Amazing day on the lake, fishing was slow but caught some quality fish, including my first walleye! Pontoon boat is still loaded so I guess I have to go somewhere tomorrow morning too Smile
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Saturday Starvation - by ddaley - 03-15-2015, 05:29 AM
Re: [ddaley] Saturday Starvation - by albinotrout - 03-15-2015, 05:39 AM
Re: [albinotrout] Saturday Starvation - by ddaley - 03-15-2015, 05:52 AM
Re: [ddaley] Saturday Starvation - by albinotrout - 03-15-2015, 05:55 AM
Re: Saturday Starvation - by akammerman - 03-15-2015, 05:34 PM
Re: [ddaley] Saturday Starvation - by TubeDude - 03-15-2015, 06:23 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Saturday Starvation - by ddaley - 03-16-2015, 03:56 AM
Re: [ddaley] Saturday Starvation - by TubeDude - 03-16-2015, 12:17 PM