Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you wish Utah had browns this big?
I have fished Porcupine since it was built in the early '60's. There isn't much in the way of bait fish in there other than Kokanee and other trout, not much to feed the browns on. However there's some huge browns in that lake. The biggest one I personally have caught was just over 15lbs. I caught it many years ago on a worm. I saw one near the spill way once while trolling that was over three feet long. It looked like a log as we approached it. It saw us and headed for the bottom. Several times I have been fishing within a few days of when they have planted fingerling rainbows and it was amazing watching the huge browns chasing after them. My dad and I found a 25'' brown dead along the shore with a 12" rainbow stuck in its throat. I'm sure there are browns in there over 20lbs., 30lbs maybe. It would be fun to know what the biggest fish in there is. Good luck to those who would like to go after them.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [wiperhunter2] Do you wish Utah had browns this big? - by KJFN - 03-30-2015, 04:35 AM