Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello All
Comins will open up a month before Kolob. If you can stand the weather it's an excellent time to fish it. Chironomid patterns on dry lines floated under a strike indicator will make you a happy man right after ice off. Spin fisherman can accomplish the same thing with a really small bobber and a split shot about 18" above a chrironomid pattern. That and late fall, right before it ices up, are the best times of year to catch some really big fish. Bait is allowed on Comins and I've seen some powerbait and night crawler guys really tear 'em up. Comins is not shore friendly though. There's a few places, but you'll be much happier in a boat or float tube. If you've ever wanted to fish Comins take my advice... DO IT NOW. The Fish and Games guys stock enough to keep up with the demand, but with pike established now, not many of the stockers are gonna live long enough to get large. As the bigger fish are harvested, they WILL NOT be replaced. This year should be excellent, but it will start to decline in following years. Comins is one really special lake and we owe it to ourselves to fish it while it's at it's peak. Be warned though, it can turn off like a light switch at times, and nothing I've done or seen anyone do can get them to bite. I camp in all weather, but a KOA campground is 5 miles up the road and they have two little cabins for $35.00 a night. Each has a queen and bunk twin beds in them. They're heated but don't have plumbing or cooking facilities. In the colder weather after ice off I usually stay there.

I really didn't mean to go on like that, but I want you guys to take advantage of a great lake while you can. If you're gonna fish it and want some advice feel free to ask. I've fished there a bunch. The only lake I've been to more is Kolob and that's strictly because it's less of a drive.

Later,
Mark
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Hello All - by Telbone - 01-20-2004, 04:29 AM
Re: [Telbone] Hello All - by Nu2Fishagain - 01-20-2004, 06:04 AM
Re: [Telbone] Hello All - by nighthawk - 01-20-2004, 07:18 AM
Re: [nighthawk] Hello All - by Telbone - 01-20-2004, 07:55 AM
Re: [Telbone] Hello All - by southernman - 01-20-2004, 04:57 PM
Re: [Telbone] Hello All - by BigE - 01-21-2004, 02:42 AM
Re: [BigE] Hello All - by southernman - 01-21-2004, 03:15 AM
Re: [southernman] Hello All - by Telbone - 01-21-2004, 04:30 AM