Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal protection - Springield vs Glock
For a Lady, I think that I would start with a .32 or a .38 with a 3 in barrel. There are several nice revolvers out there. Also if I was going to go with a wheel gun I think I would look into a double action. They can be cocked and fired single action or just pull for double. Although pulling double uses more muscle power and could cause pulling to the side. If you do go with a wheel gun even with todays nodrop safeties I would leave the chamber directly under the hammer empty. Also to go back to the Taurus they make several smaller semi-auto's in both 40 and 9mm. Also the do make a decent wheel gun and again less pricey that Smith or Ruger. But both are good weapons.

AUTO- pull the trigger once shoots several (many) times.

Semi- pull the trigger it shoots once (media wants to make you think otherwise) to shoot again [ 1 bullet] you must pull trigger again.

Revolver- Wheel gun. Just like the ones that John Wayne and Gene Autry used. Just not in 44 or 44/40 or 45. Oh yeah and after 5-6 shots you do need to reload. Unlike movies or television. Ha Ha. I still watch the western channel. Personally am thinking about getting into SASS. Single Action Shooting Society- the wild wild west shooting.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [BEARCLAW] Personal protection - Springield vs Glock - by twoindyhicks - 01-24-2004, 06:24 PM