Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
float tube vs. pontoon
I have wrote no books, but have been tubing I bet pretty close to TD in time.
I have had them all and, NOT ALL are created equal.
Most Pontoons will require assembly and weight a major factor. But Many come with a wheel to help with this.
A TD stated, OAR power. I am betting I have grabbed an oar every time I have gone one. If nothing else, for Trolling. That stroke pattern can inspire bites with the stroke of the oar.
You will be mid calf in the water, so Hip waders are all that is required as far as wading gear. I always use a wader for water parasite reasons. [Wink]
Mounting a motor is you want will add to the trips to the water and the weight, but so worth it.

BUT, I get the Tube idea as well. Not quite 70 myself but not too far away either. I still like hiking in too.

I do own a 9lb 8' pontoon that has oars and I set well out of the water. They do cost more,......but worth it. The NFO Predator. No frame. Folds up small enough I can haul it on my Motorcycle.

Basically I am saying, not all are created equal, and there is a seat for every butt. BUT generally, the better features come at a cost. Just got to ask yourself how much you want them.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
float tube vs. pontoon - by rusty-hook - 03-04-2017, 04:09 PM
Re: [rusty-hook] float tube vs. pontoon - by flygoddess - 03-14-2017, 02:11 AM