Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Willard Bay trip #10

SBennett:
Thanks for the "nice guy" compliment. All the other ideas like "Changing the prop to a lower pitch" or "trimming the motor up or down to make the angle of the prop less effective" would all be good tactics if I was in a bigger boat (like the 2004 Lund 1700 ProSport I used to own) And I used those tricks. But I'm in a 14' Lund, with a 15 HP motor that has 3 positions, full down, shallow drive (just keeping the water intake in the water) and full up and locked out of the water.

And I gave Willard a break for 3 weeks from after the Flotilla. Went to Benson Marina the last 3 Sundays. Didn't catch any record breakers, but didn't get skunked either. And will be heading to UL middle of next month. Other than Mantua, Bear River, and a couple trips a year to Hyrum, I don't fish many other ponds. I'm not real fond of Trout, other places are too far to travel in a day, and I enjoy fishing Willard. My post of another skunk wasn't so much of a complaint or request for help, but just a statement of fact. I see WB as a challenge every time I'm on the water, and that's what keeps me going back.

But appreciate the advise from all you guys. [fishin]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool

Messages In This Thread
2017 Willard Bay trip #10 - by Tin-Can - 05-30-2017, 12:06 AM
Re: [SBennett] 2017 Willard Bay trip #10 - by Tin-Can - 05-30-2017, 10:54 PM