Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge Mack Pups--SOLUTIONS?
One more comment.

[quote MACMAN] I don’t think the goal here is to eliminate the macs as in Yellowstone. [/quote]

This is correct (and I agree). So in theory, the threshold for what would be considered "success" is lower. However, the Yellowstone Lake experience (and what the articles discussed) shows us a few things. First, no limits, catch-and-kill, and half hearted netting resulted in zero net population reductions there. Only more aggressive approaches have resulted in declines. Second, there are possibilities that might work, but I doubt that a lot of anglers will go for it. I would even bet there would be a lot of complaining about raising or eliminating the pup limit, which is something most of the respondents on this thread seem to support.

The UDWR and the WG&F have been telling anglers for about 20 years that more pups need to be harvested. It obviously hasn't worked. Do anglers really want to get after the problem and support some real possible solutions or just prefer half hearted measures that may make them feel warm and fuzzy in the moment but have zero effect on the problem?
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Gorge Mack Pups--SOLUTIONS? - by Tarponjim - 12-16-2017, 07:08 PM
Re: [MACMAN] Gorge Mack Pups--SOLUTIONS? - by PBH - 12-21-2017, 02:51 PM
Re: [MACMAN] Gorge Mack Pups--SOLUTIONS? - by doggonefishin - 12-21-2017, 05:24 PM
RE: Gorge Mack Pups--SOLUTIONS? - by FishwithKids - 12-17-2020, 03:57 PM
RE: Gorge Mack Pups--SOLUTIONS? - by Jbworkin - 02-04-2021, 11:54 PM
RE: Gorge Mack Pups--SOLUTIONS? - by wiperhunter2 - 02-05-2021, 02:54 PM