Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how can we get more people to keep a limit of laker pups?
[quote Brighamfish]I would say to start out DWR could make them taste better. Lol! I am not a fan of trout meat of any kind and lakers have a reputation for not being the greatest trout flavor to boot. I do love white meat fish however, burbot, bass, cats, eyes, gills etc etc. I still keep laker pups to give to friends that like trout but it's just not my favorite flavor. Most of the guys I fish with feel the same. I think this is the biggest hangup to getting people to keep more of the laker pups. They just don't want to take home 20 lbs of trout they will never get around to eating. If I didn't have friends who liked trout mine would most likely all be back in the lake.[/quote]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]If you learned how to can them, you would not be giving them away. Canning fish of any kind is simple actually and the product is as good as, if not better than, the canned fish you buy at the grocery store. I like to mix mine with some mayonnaise, some finely chopped sweet onion & celery, and some Dickensons Premium Sweet 'n' Hot Pepper & Onion Relish and use it to make mouth watering sandwiches or as a party cracker spread. I have yet to serve it to anybody that didn't want more.
[Image: relish-pepper-onion.png]

Life is good - and with some canned lake trout, even better. [Smile][/#][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Brighamfish] how can we get more people to keep a limit of laker pups? - by dubob - 03-22-2018, 02:29 PM