Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln failure and success
So... Weather report promised a cool but calm day today so I loaded up this a.m. prepared to find those nice cats Phisco found on Saturday. Beautiful day at home when I left, birds chirping and no hint of a wind. Arrived at Lincoln to find 2 foot waves rolling in from the north. I was loaded for bear and prepared to spend the day so I launched anyway thinking I could swing around behind the south dike and find relative calm. Not so. As soon as I anchored up the wind shifted to come from the east. Water was 53 degrees and chocolate colored. With crushed feelings I loaded up and went home to sulk.

Two guys from SLC were at the launch waiting and hoping the wind would go away. They left without launching.

Decided I would catch bait if I couldn't fish for cats. Loaded up my cast net and headed for my favorite spot. Knocked 'em dead. All carplettes between 2 and 5 inches. Ended up with 13 bags of 12 all bagged up in water and air tight bags and in the freezer... should last a few days... if the weather ever lets me on the water.

Eventually, I'll be able to get serious about my pursuit of that 36 inch cat.

BLK
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lincoln failure and success - by Boatloadakids - 04-24-2018, 09:02 PM