Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead Trip
Hey guys,

I finally got a chance to take the boat out on Lake Mead today. I launched at 6am from Horsepower Cove and trolled swim baits up Hemingway to Saddle Isle and back a few times. Not so much as a strike. I also tried a red and white Clouser hoping I might be able to catch a small one on the fly. No such luck... I finally called it a day in the afternoon. The lake had quite a few boats trolling the trout plants and not one person I saw caught a fish. In 8hrs I saw two hit something on the top. I couldn't tell size and that was all I saw of any fish except carp.

It was a productive day. I got to explore a good bit of the lake and I'm still really getting familiar with my boat. I have the fish finder, but haven't installed it yet. I'll be doing that this week.

Maybe next time I'll catch a fish. If not, there's still plenty of lake I need to explore. I'm not the biggest fan of trolling, but I'll be doing alot of it as I get familiar with Mead.

I did note some carp feeding on a midge hatch. I'd of stopped and caught a couple, but at the time my fly rod wasn't rigged and I was concentrating on striper. That was earlier in the morning as I was starting. In retrospect I should've stopped and tried for a few. It was the only fish I noticed actively feeding all day.

Later guys,
Mark
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lake Mead Trip - by Telbone - 02-17-2004, 12:58 AM
Re: [Telbone] Lake Mead Trip - by BigE - 02-17-2004, 10:42 PM
Re: [Telbone] Lake Mead Trip - by southernman - 02-18-2004, 02:58 AM
Re: [southernman] Lake Mead Trip - by Telbone - 02-18-2004, 04:02 AM