Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake catfish help
I've never fished Utah Lake this time of year and in these conditions. I got royally skunked the last time I tried and it looks like others are struggling to catch much, too. I'm hoping someone can give me some hints and ideas on how to catch channels now. I just started catfishing in May and think I have learned a bit as a newbie but still could use some help. Many thanks to those who have had a hand in my education; you guys are the best.

I usually fish the channel at Lincoln Beach. I've had success with cut white bass, shrimp and worm, carplets, and liver. I've tried cherry chicken, cut chub meat, and hot dogs at various times without success. I've fished under a bobber and at every depth from on the bottom to just under the surface. I've cast long and short and sometimes make a slow retrieve with jigging action and long pauses.

Anyone?

I'd like to put some more fish on the contest board before I get totally preoccupied with elk season.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Messages In This Thread
Utah Lake catfish help - by catchinon - 08-20-2018, 05:07 PM
Re: [catchinon] Utah Lake catfish help - by Fritzfishin - 08-21-2018, 05:44 PM
Re: [catchinon] Utah Lake catfish help - by Fritzfishin - 08-22-2018, 12:04 AM