Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Sat. 11/3/18
My brother and I fished Scofield Saturday. His friend and two small boys accompanied us. The fishing was hot from 8:00 till 10. Then it kinda came and went. Later on in the afternoon they either turned on or cruised back into the area; the fishing was really hot again. I had a hard time keeping lines in the water even though I had three poles set up to alternate. We easily missed or lost as many as we brought to shore. We used worms and Powerbait nuggets (chartreuse, rainbow or orange) under bobbers or bubbles. Fishing ~3 feet down or on the bottom both worked. At first in the morning my brother was out-fishing me three-to-one. It may have been the need for a sharper hook or sharper fisherman [Wink]. I caught back up somewhat in the afternoon. Funny how a spot a few feet away can be hotter than the one next to it. He ended up with 29 and I landed 22. They were about 12" to 16'' long. The other three caught 41 among them. Fat rainbows predominated but we caught a few skinny cutts as well, mostly below the slot. We took home a few of the chunky 15-16" rainbows for dinner.

A fun day fishing and a blast to watch the little guys catching neck-and-neck with us.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Messages In This Thread
Scofield Sat. 11/3/18 - by catchinon - 11-04-2018, 01:39 PM