Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My garden pics: Summer of 2019
yes the pole beans would be difficult, no sign of any beans forming just yet.

We planted a piece of the grape root you gave us just to see if it would grow anything as it looked to be pretty dead. I can now say it is growing, about 2 18" long branches up from that root. The ones at our son's house are growing even better of course.

Deer hasn't yet bothered the SPs but looks like they are getting nibbled on by some leaf cutting wasp/bees or maybe something else. But I'll put some baits out around the base of the plants to see if I can stop whatever might be feasting on them.

Nothing on watermelons yet but the cantaloupes do seem to setting more and more fruits. So we'll see.

I did start a poppies bed from some Jeff's sister sent me - red and orange ones. I wasn't expecting to get any blooms this first year but the other day I noticed a flower bud rising up from the shorter sprouted greenery. So it'll be fun to see it its red or orange.

I like the cooler temps we are getting today and tomorrow but you have to work in a little sprinkling shower that keeps falling - nothing major as of yet, just enough though to dampen your top half - but not enough to really fill the rain storage containers very well. [crazy]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My garden pics: Summer of 2019 - by wiperhunter2 - 06-14-2019, 01:51 AM
Re: [wiperhunter2] My garden pics: June 2019 - by jjannie - 07-26-2019, 08:54 PM