Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds
Since we have a high concentration of deer, occasionally moose we have much of our garden is protected by 6 foot fencing, its also broken up to capture the sunniest spots available, but even some of those have been encroached upon by our lovely trees so they don't get the all the sun they once did.

So here are the June pics - we do a combination of in ground beds, raised beds, straw bales, even some in fire rings with center posts to support frost covers. Its our first year growing sweet potatoes after WH2 gave me some last year. They haven't yet taken off but since its all an experiment this year I have some in the bales, one in the ground, and the others in a raised bed just for them so we can evaluate which area (if any - not sure I long enough sunshine in any one location) they do the best in. If they succeed, I am experimenting with growing my own starts (called slips) from organic sweet potatoes I purchased this spring.

FYI in the bale garden you can see I have row shelters over my cabbages and broccoli because I have such a problem with the cabbage moth caterpillars - so far so good.

This has been weird start to summer, I am pretty sure once it starts heating up more this week things will treally take off nicely. Fingers crossed!

Happy gardening!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by jjannie - 06-25-2019, 01:19 AM
RE: My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by wiperhunter2 - 04-24-2020, 02:04 PM