Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Wednesday Trifecta 6-3-20
(06-05-2020, 01:38 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Pat, can you explain how your new snarl rig is set up.  Do you weight it to the bottom and the snarl blade and float raises your offering to the danger zone?  I assume you slow troll them as usual. Sure looks like you have found a setup for the wiper and eyes that works well. Congrats Jeff
Thanks.  My "snarl rigs" are set up pretty much like a regular crawler harness.  But instead of using all beads, I put a 1" "hookless flig" in the middle.  This adds buoyancy.  There are small floating beads on the market that other anglers have been using to make CH rigs for years.  But mine got my Utah colors.  I am also adding glitter to some super beads I have been collecting.

Obviously, with an electric motor and a float tube I can't troll for hours at high speeds.  But I can fish all depths of the water column by adjusting weight, length of line out and speed.  And even when many fish are active and will smack fast-moving stuff there are always some that will accept something attractive at lower speeds.  I have been using weights as small as 1/4 oz. and moving at less than 1 mph speed.  But I keep changing things up as I go...letting out a bit more line or reeling in a bit...speeding up and slowing down...using more or less weight, etc.  

I'm still experimenting with sizes, colors, blades, bait setups, etc.  So far I have been happy with the votes I have been getting from the fish.  I have only spent a few hours total in fishing these things but I have already got more wipers and walleyes than I did last year.  Catfish?  They hit them too.  But there are lots of ways to catch kitties.[Image: SNARL-FLIG-RIGS.jpg][Image: 1-IN-BODIES-COLORS.jpg][Image: LAMINATED-SNARL.jpg][Image: GLITTER-BEADS.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Willard Wednesday Trifecta 6-3-20 - by TubeDude - 06-03-2020, 09:37 PM
RE: Willard Wednesday Trifecta 6-3-20 - by muirco - 06-04-2020, 12:40 AM
RE: Willard Wednesday Trifecta 6-3-20 - by TubeDude - 06-05-2020, 02:13 PM