Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mesh Tube for holding soft bait within lure / lure making.
I bought Mesh Tube at Dollar Tree.  I'll experiment with making some flash with a soft bait holder to attach to lures to better retain softer baits as it gives some color and flash.

See the picture.  It's an open weave mesh tube like a Chinese finger trap made of colorful reflective plastic flat strands woven into a tube of about 3/8 inch diameter and 36 feet long for just a dollar.  One package might make 200 soft bait holders at a cost of a half-cent each.

I bought many packages of all of the many different colors.

In the picture, see a piece I cut off that is just over two inches and has both ends tied.  The mesh tube expands when you push the ends and that would make it easier to stuff in some bait.  I've read in our posts that fish and minnows used as bait gets soft and mushy when previously frozen.  That or fish eggs or many things that might not stay on the hook well will be quickly and easily retained in this mesh tube by just stuffing it in and tieing a simple overhand knot on each end.

Now, I'm brainstorming configurations and possibilities.  Leave extra material on one side of one knot and unravel it and it is a tail-like appearance.  It can simply add to a hook on a lure.

I might make up some hooks on braid to add to a longer length like a worm lure.  The sparkly colorful mesh tubes look somewhat like plastic worms of colors and sparkles.

For casting distance, I might want to feed a weighted hook into one or two and mixing colors with light on the bottom and dark on the top like a fish.

[Image: WIN-20200822-22-49-51-Pro.jpg]Think about it and post your ideas.

Tip: With this store, you might see something you might think to test, decide you want more later, never see it again or perhaps months later, so try to determine how much to buy when you see it.  I didn't know which color the fish would like best, so I bought it in all of the colors.

Ronald   Smile

Messages In This Thread
Mesh Tube for holding soft bait within lure / lure making. - by RonPaulFan - 08-23-2020, 05:20 AM