Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle , what works for me..
(06-04-2020, 10:48 PM)dubob Wrote: I will never use a cleaning station again - in Utah.   Big Grin  My cleaning station is now at the back of my boat and is never closed.  I simply open the live well lid and place this:

over the live well opening.  Then I select the appropriate blade for the job at hand from this:

and fillet away.  The fillets go through the hole in the board back into the live well and the carcass goes overboard to feed other fish or seagulls.  And before one of you wannabe Conservation Law Enforcement Officers goes ballistic on me, it's legal to do this in Utah.

Fishing Guidebook, Page 20 - Possession of filleted fish Wrote:At most waters, you may fillet harvested game fish, or remove their heads or tails, after you have:
Completed the act of fishing
• Arrived at camp
• Reached a fish-cleaning station
• Arrived at a principle means of land transportation

At Strawberry Reservoir, Scofield Reservoir, Lost Creek Reservoir and Panguitch Lake, you may not fillet trout and salmon, and you may not remove their heads or tails while in the field or in transit.

Note: Do not dispose of entrails and carcasses on the bank. Leave them in the water where you caught the fish.
The exceptions are those 4 lakes that have slot limits and don't allow filleting fish there unless you immediately plan to consume them.  But you can gut them and toss the guts overboard.  My fish are cleaned, bagged, and iced before I ever get back to the ramp.

Are we havin' fun yet?  Big Grin
Thats a great system,  thanks for sharing I'm thinking about a cordless knife. I wish we could clean kokanees at strawberry,  just leave on the skin for identification.

Messages In This Thread
Jordanelle , what works for me.. - by doitall5000 - 06-02-2020, 04:31 PM
RE: Jordanelle , what works for me.. - by Mildog - 06-02-2020, 05:07 PM
RE: Jordanelle , what works for me.. - by Mildog - 06-03-2020, 11:34 PM
RE: Jordanelle , what works for me.. - by Tin-Can - 06-04-2020, 01:27 PM
RE: Jordanelle , what works for me.. - by dubob - 06-04-2020, 10:48 PM
RE: Jordanelle , what works for me.. - by doitall5000 - 06-05-2020, 12:20 AM