Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Crappie Report
Made a morning run over to Pineview to see about getting into some Crappie. Last week we tore up the gills and perch on the shallow weedy areas of pineview. This week I ran the rocky shoreline looking for transition to deep and structure changes with the Deeper Chirp sonar. Found a lot of crappie wanting to play. 

Time - early morning. As the sun came up the crappie started to move deeper. I left before the powerboats showed up

What: small 1/6 jig head with small jigs (color did not seem to matter much). I did tip with a worm at times, but caught without as well. Jig was suspened under a slip bobber or tight bobber and was about 8-32 inches down - deeper as the morning progressed. I also caught bass with a purple perch flig but did not spend much time doing that as the Crappie kept me busy. Ultra light rig with 4lb test.

How. pretty simple - ajust the jig to where they were schooling up and stay a little above them. Slow reeling with light jigging to get them excited.

It was over 100 fish in a couple hours, with a lot of green sunfish mixed in and some small mouths. A few with fair size but mostly small. I likely need to start keeping them to help thin down the small numbers.

If you are trying to get kids into some fish, this is a great place to try. Just get there early and get out before the powerboats start doing thier thing.

A fun video with the Wookie

https://youtu.be/7TimhUx0G8c
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew

Messages In This Thread
Pineview Crappie Report - by Cowboypirate - 06-07-2020, 09:05 PM
RE: Pineview Crappie Report - by kentofnsl - 06-08-2020, 12:01 AM
RE: Pineview Crappie Report - by Cowboypirate - 06-08-2020, 12:42 AM
RE: Pineview Crappie Report - by Jmorfish - 06-08-2020, 03:07 AM
RE: Pineview Crappie Report - by wiperhunter2 - 06-08-2020, 01:55 PM
RE: Pineview Crappie Report - by doitall5000 - 06-08-2020, 02:51 PM
RE: Pineview Crappie Report - by Cowboypirate - 06-09-2020, 01:17 AM
RE: Pineview Crappie Report - by lovetofish - 06-13-2020, 02:05 AM
RE: Pineview Crappie Report - by Cowboypirate - 06-13-2020, 02:12 AM