Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renewed faith in bird island
Got up a bit late and didn't get to lake till 8:00 on Saturday  7/18/2020. It was my second youngest and my wife today. Going to see if we could have any luck at the island, it's not been friendly to me this year. I've about list hope in it or my abilities. But we got out there and the water was choppy to start with. By the time my about grabbed it blew me 20' closer to the island and I went from 6.5' to 4.5' which is getting shallow for me. But I stayed since my anchor was holding. The first 65.minutes was slow. I said maybe we should go drift since it worked for me and catslayer the day before for 3 cats. But my wife said no. 10 minutes later my baitfeeder went screaming. I played it in as it was a decent fighter and found I had a carp on. I cast back out and about 15 minutes later same rod went bendo. I hand it off too my son because I have another rod peeling line off. Things are picking up its about 9:20 when I get the lines back out. I may add I was on the bottom while my wife and son were under bobber. Well it's was about 15 minutes and another one of my rods goes off. I let Tyler real it in but it gets caught in anchor line. While I'm trying to deal with that other rod goes off another double. So I had my wife reel that one in. She managed to help get fish on stringer. We only fished til 10:00 as my wife had things to do but it ended well. She didn't touch the fish yet but she's getting closer lol. She's a great sport. After I filleted the fish and cut carp into bait she went and bought me smoker.

Messages In This Thread
Renewed faith in bird island - by Mooseman75 - 07-20-2020, 02:41 AM
RE: Renewed faith in bird island - by Mooseman75 - 07-26-2020, 12:48 AM
RE: Renewed faith in bird island - by Mooseman75 - 07-26-2020, 05:41 PM
RE: Renewed faith in bird island - by catchinon - 07-30-2020, 12:40 PM
RE: Renewed faith in bird island - by Mooseman75 - 07-30-2020, 03:45 PM