Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible tough Koke fishing at Jordanelle theory
(05-04-2021, 02:23 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Its a fascinating and well thought out idea. I have been pondering it while podering in the back yard. (yes Curt - trying to get my priorities right and get my garden in)

I wonder about one other variable. It came to me while thinking about the bucket brigade at the North Marina in Willard. While I am not a frequent koke chaser at the Berry (or other locations) I do on occasion find myself in those areas, at those time, and have a sense that the number of boats/anglers chasing them has steadily increased over your time frame (and maybe even more the last year  due to covid). Also it seems the general knowledge level of the koke chasers has significantly improved, along with tackle and electronics . My point is, what impact has harvest had? I know Koke chasers not only love to catch them but they are quite tasty and I would venture that full limits are often taken to the grill where that may not be the case for other species, where releases may be more frequent. I am not saying thats wrong. I love smoke kokes too. Just have to wonder how harvest and fishing pressure may play into your equation?
As far as koke fishing at Strawberry goes it's pretty easy to see a direct correlation in the reduction of stocking numbers. Cutting the stocking in half definitely has had a large impact. Fishing pressure does have an impact as well but I don't believe it has nearly as much impact as the reduction in stocking numbers.
Sunrise on the water

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible tough Koke fishing at Jordanelle theory - by WET1 - 05-05-2021, 09:19 PM