Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach Friday
I knew I wanted to go fishing yesterday, somewhere...........  couldn't quite decide.  Got the boat hooked up, stopped for gas . When I pulled out of the station, I ended up in the on-ramp lane for I15 south, so that decided it, going to UL.
Drive south and traffic was pretty good for a Friday morning. But arriving at the LB after daylight, I fully expected to see several rigs already in the lot.  
Man oh man....... I was first one there.... Cool  Got launched and headed out at 0838 a.m.
Air temp was 62 ish, water temp was 64.8, breeze was very very light and initially out of the north west, changing to out of north east later in morning. 

Motored out into about 8 fow heading north- west, kinda towards the Knolls. But as I got past the L and between the Orchards and the trailers, I was picking up alot of fish marks on the sonar, so I stopped, dropped anchor, set out one line with bait and started casting one line with small flig and Gulp minnow.  
Well all the swimming fish must have already had their breakfast, cuz got no interest in the Gulp minnow.  Did get a medium size Bullhead on the baited line. 

Spent the next 2.5 hours moving and stopping at various spots. Even kind of tucked slowly and quietly in between the waders and a small toon angler. Some tentative nibbles now and then but no real hits on bait or plastics. 

Was working my way back to the channel and about 50 yards slightly south-west of the buoy line the sonar practically blacked out with fish arcs.  Dropped anchor, set out 2 lines with the last of my bait. 
Had pre-float planned to the wife that I would be leaving at 1 p.m. so while the lines were out, I started getting things stowed away on the boat. Was down to only items left were the poles and net. Started reeling one line in and it snagged. Brought second line in, pulled up the anchor, started up motor to back up to release snag. Line went slack, started reeling and line bent over hard, and started to go under the boat. Sure a funny acting snag.............got line back out from under boat and had about a 5 minute tug fest with a good size Cat.  From seeing it in the water, then in the net, I thought maybe I had been able to finally join the "UL 30" club".  But, alas, only  27 incher that wouldn't even give me a 1/2 inch bump. Released only slightly worse for the blood upper lip. 

[Image: 044-25-Sep-2020-0838-a-m.jpg]  [Image: 045-0920-a-m.jpg]  [Image: 046-1213-p-m-27-in-Cat-CPR.jpg]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool

Messages In This Thread
Lincoln Beach Friday - by Tin-Can - 09-26-2020, 02:47 PM
RE: Lincoln Beach Friday - by TubeDude - 09-26-2020, 04:18 PM
RE: Lincoln Beach Friday - by Boatloadakids - 09-26-2020, 05:46 PM
RE: Lincoln Beach Friday - by Tin-Can - 09-27-2020, 09:43 PM
RE: Lincoln Beach Friday - by TubeDude - 09-27-2020, 10:37 PM
RE: Lincoln Beach Friday - by Mooseman75 - 09-29-2020, 03:28 AM
RE: Lincoln Beach Friday - by Tin-Can - 09-29-2020, 12:49 PM
RE: Lincoln Beach Friday - by Mooseman75 - 09-30-2020, 01:22 AM