Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I voted for Deer Creek 11-3-20
Election day.  So I voted NO on president.  Still kept hearing that I should go to the polls.  I thought I heard "poles".  So I grabbed a few and went fishing.

Been almost two years since I last fished DC.  Thought I'd do a perch search.  Often good this time of year.  Air temp a balmy 35 and water temp 51 at launch.  Warmer than Willard.  But no perch voted for me today.  Probably Bidenites.

Trout?  That was a differment story.  Hooked the first one on my first cast...on a small plastic intended for perch.  Trout sometimes don't read the directions.  Caught the second a few minutes later on a black marabou jig.  After that I kept catching them on everything I fished for perch as well as the spinners and crankbaits I dragged at times specifically for larger rainbows.  Most of them were in the upper part of the water column but I did catch a couple on the bottom in over 30 feet of water while vertical jigging for the perchy marks on my sonar.
[Image: PERCH-PLASTIC.jpg][Image: RAINBOW.jpg]

I'm guessing they have not made the annual planting of "Finless Freddies"...the hatchery pets.  All the trout I caught were over 14 inches...with some nudging toward 20 inches.  Hit hard and fought well.  Decided to keep some for the table...and to share with my sis-in-law.  They love fish but don't got a clue about how to catch it.  Rainbows from Deer Creek usually have nice red flesh and taste great.
[Image: TAKE-HOME.jpg]

It was pretty calm all morning.  Noticed some noses poking up near the far shoreline and motored over to investigate.  A herd of big ol' carp were slurping up some of the "algae peas" that build up on the surface about this time of year.  I resisted the urge to "force feed" one.  Continued on with my perch search and trout fest.
[Image: ALGAE-PEAS.jpg]

Quite a few boats on the pond this morning...from tin bathtubs to large pontoons with several geezers pulling pop gear.  As I looked around, I noticed that many of the boats were enjoying a measure of trout votes too.  I shuddered as I tried to imagine what a "Nancy Pelosi" trout would look like.

Somewhere around 10 am the wide open troutarama closed up shop and the polls closed.  No more voting for a long period of time.  I went a half hour without a sniff...and did not see anybody else on the lake using their net or even just  going bendo.  I already had about 4 keeper bows in my basket and didn't want/need any more.  So I rocketed in to the ramp and made an early departure.  Man, that was a long hike back up the ramp to get my vehicle and load my tube.  Gettin old.  But I can still vote.
[Image: TIMP-NO-SNOW.jpg][Image: DISTANCING.jpg][Image: LONG-HIKE.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
I voted for Deer Creek 11-3-20 - by TubeDude - 11-03-2020, 07:47 PM
RE: I voted for Deer Creek 11-3-20 - by richyd4u - 11-03-2020, 08:48 PM
RE: I voted for Deer Creek 11-3-20 - by TubeDude - 11-03-2020, 11:08 PM
RE: I voted for Deer Creek 11-3-20 - by BG1 - 11-05-2020, 02:34 AM
RE: I voted for Deer Creek 11-3-20 - by TubeDude - 11-05-2020, 03:07 AM
RE: I voted for Deer Creek 11-3-20 - by gofish435 - 11-05-2020, 03:41 AM
RE: I voted for Deer Creek 11-3-20 - by a_bow_nut - 11-05-2020, 06:11 AM
RE: I voted for Deer Creek 11-3-20 - by TubeDude - 11-05-2020, 11:09 PM