Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fliggin' around with Kent 8-13-21
Got a PM from Kent requesting a cat-fliggin' session at the Knolls to fine tune his Fligonometry skills.  So we launched his boat out of the Pelican Bay Marina about 6:30.  Low water.  Said he dinged his prop but not so bad we couldn't get out fishing.  It was less than 2 feet going out of the harbor and a looooooong ways out before we found over 3' to put the boat up on plane.

[Image: BEST-TIME.jpg]
[Image: WINDY.jpg]
Water had a little ripple at daybreak but was like glass most of the morning.  Motored into about 4 feet of water in a proven kitty zone and put out the baited fligs...some with chubs...some with white bass meat.  Caught fish on all of the above.  Took less than a half hour for both of us to catch our first fish skunk repellent.

[Image: FIRST.jpg]

[Image: CAPTAIN-KENT.jpg]

We continued to use the electric to maintain speeds between .5 and .8 mph...dragging the baited fligs through water from 3 feet out to over 5 feet.  Most bites seem to come in between 4 and 5 feet of water.

It was Friday the 13th and we commented that as we were quitting, Kent had boated 13 cats.  But then as we were bringing in the lines he got the 14th.  Yay Kent.  As an appreciative guest on the boat I shook off a lot of fish to let Kent maintain his lead.  I allowed myself to settle for six.  Most of our fish were about 2 footers.  A couple smaller and a couple bigger...but not by much.  Even got one ambitious white bass on a big flig with a chunk of white bass meat on it. 

[Image: AVERAGE.jpg]

[Image: WHITIE.jpg]

I enjoyed fishing with you again Kent.  And we never did have to break out the downrigger and fish the thermocline.  Probably wouldn't have found any kokes anyways.  Likely not even any cutts.

Messages In This Thread
Fliggin' around with Kent 8-13-21 - by TubeDude - 08-13-2021, 10:26 PM
RE: Fliggin' around with Kent 8-13-21 - by lee! - 08-14-2021, 12:42 AM
RE: Fliggin' around with Kent 8-13-21 - by r2u2 - 08-15-2021, 01:29 AM