Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blustery Day at Provo Harbor
Thanks Jim, hey I worked on the motor yesterday, i pumped about two quarts of water out of the tank... Don't know if I bought it as gas, or somehow it got into the tank, but it was terrible... I just filled that tank a couple weeks ago, so I suspect it came in the gas, but I can't prove it.. Anyway boat started right up and then quit again and I haven't been able to get it started again, but I had run the battery dead since I used that battery to power my electric motor on my attempt to get back to the ramp... anyway got it charging now, so I'll see what happens today... I drained the fuel bowls on the three carbs twice now and pumped a lot of gas through the system, so I hope it should be back to normal now... If not maybe I'll have to throw the whole tank of fuel away... I let the water settle out and just skimmed the top fuel off, but maybe once water is in the fuel it's not any good any more... Hate to throw $25 away, but might be better than a motor that won't run...

Thanks for the info on the flaits, I'll have to try that sometime... Well hope you get some more trips in, I think it's getting pretty good again, at least it is up here... Has been slow for me each time I tried all summer, but the bigger fish are coming back now... Hope I can get another good one before it's over, I hate to drop in score this much this year... But it's been a fun season anyway... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!

Messages In This Thread
Blustery Day at Provo Harbor - by Piscophilic - 09-21-2021, 07:41 PM
RE: Blustery Da at Provo Harbor - by SkunkedAgain - 09-22-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Blustery Day at Provo Harbor - by Piscophilic - 09-22-2021, 03:16 PM
RE: Blustery Day at Provo Harbor - by Piscophilic - 09-22-2021, 06:22 PM
RE: Blustery Day at Provo Harbor - by SkunkedAgain - 09-23-2021, 12:37 PM