Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why braid line?
Braid has been an amazing fishing line improvement - especially compared to monofilament. 8 lb test braid has the diameter of 2 lb test mono; 15 lb test the diameter of 8 lb test mono. 

Cast distance is greater for light lures vs mono as is strike detection (tiny thump or click) and once felt, just raising the rod a bit gets the hook set started. 

The line is so strong, I can pull my small rowboat to a snag (mostly stumps) and retrieve the lure. With small single bronze hooks, I can pull the lure free by straightening the hook and then bend it back to its normal curve.

I leave my rods in the open on the boat and there is no degradation from the sun's UV.

Very important is that there are no line memory problems (coils) that mess up the cast or get tangled or line twist which is worse.

I've used braid on baitcast, spincast and spinning reels with no problems except when casting light lures into the wind - pretty much the same for any light lure.

Braid is far more abrasion resistant than other types, preventing snap-offs when fish surge.

Anglers have their favorites as do I and I won't go to any other brand after testing at least a half dozen of the more prominent names.

Messages In This Thread
Why braid line? - by SENKOSAM1 - 09-30-2021, 05:19 PM
RE: Why braid line? - by wiperhunter2 - 10-01-2021, 01:34 AM
RE: Why braid line? - by SENKOSAM1 - 10-01-2021, 08:56 AM