Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spanish Fork Canyon to Indian Creek
(10-09-2021, 08:35 PM)lovetofish Wrote:
Thats's the way it was for us too. It switched about 11:30AM prior to that the wind was coming from the west. Generally a east wind is the first thing in the morning. I know all the old timers (my father included) would tie their boats up facing east because of the wind (they all had their own docks).  This was at Clarks Camp on the west side by Mud Creek. Anyway the fishing sucked for us on Tuesday. I'd like to hook up with you sometime at Strawberry. Wrote:
lovetofish Wrote:The wind was coming from the west when we started at 7:30 and stayed the same most of the morning. It did calm down a little but not for long and then when we left at noon it was coming from the east at a pretty good blow. The old timers that had cabins at the different camps all had the saying: 'wind from the east the fish bite the least'. This had held pretty ture for all the years that I've fished Strawberry. When I check the National Weather Service forcast for wind conditons at Strawberry and it says east winds I stay home but it didn't have it listed this time.

On Thursday, I told Kory about that saying, because the wind had switched to blow from the east.  The fish didn't seem to mind having an east wind.

PM to me your contact information and I will try to make it happen.

Messages In This Thread
Spanish Fork Canyon to Indian Creek - by PACMEN - 10-07-2021, 05:05 PM
RE: Spanish Fork Canyon to Indian Creek - by kentofnsl - 10-09-2021, 09:27 PM