Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothin but a bag of bones, Utah Lake 4/8/2022
(04-10-2022, 07:51 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Jim this is a very good report on so many levels. I'm happy for you on all of them. Maybe I'll give it a go.

Thanks Justin, I read about your plug issue a few days back. Is your truck running again? I hope to read a report from you soon.

(04-10-2022, 01:01 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: That is great news, love you accounting of cats per hour. Those cats in your pics are nice and fat. From what you are saying the cats did a great job of mopping up those dead and dieing white bass but the glut is over. Makes me wonder if the post spawn eyes got in on the same action and they are doing just as good.

Thanks, I haven't heard any recent reports on eyes. On this trip I did chage out a cat rod for and untra light rigged with things that have caught whites and a few eyes. We were in a shallower rocky area and I jigged and drug it for about an hour right before/after dark and I dind't find any eyes. Not a serious attempt though.

As for the mopping up, I think the glut is over and I didn't see a single floater. The pelicans were wandering all over the lake looking for floaters, but didn't seem to be finding any either. It looks like the dye off is over as well. 

Their should be some post spawn eyes being caught I think.

(04-10-2022, 01:14 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Good work.  Reason for optimism for the rest of the year.  Will probably start hitting Utah Lake in a couple of weeks my own self.  Gotta pester some of those post spawn walleyes...and of course some cat monsters.

Thanks! I'm optimistic as well. We only found the one white and it was well offshore over muddy bottom, but once we had seen one we didn't really target them much. I'm looking forward to hearing about your next visit down here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nothin but a bag of bones, Utah Lake 4/8/2022 - by Piscophilic - 04-11-2022, 01:37 PM