Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there anyone you know hardcore Uinta lakes angler?
(04-17-2022, 09:38 PM)bblake98 Wrote: I haven't currently fished the Uintas much, but have been spending hours upon hours poring over maps and articles and databases trying to extend my knowledge, and I hope to start going as often as I can starting this year. It will be hard as I am also a devoted kayak angler who targets most species that Utah has to offer
I'm  happy to give some areas that could be interesting, it is always how much hiking do I want to do or I know it is beautiful, but the fish are small, too few etc. Or it is a lake I haven't  been to, no other lakes nearby,  do I chance it?

(04-16-2022, 09:12 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I know there are some serious Uinta fishers on this forum. Some dang good ones at finding big brookies in mud puddles. Much better than me-
I get excited when a 6" brookie crushes my elk hair caddis.  Hope they will chime in and share thier passion.

I use to fish it a lot but have slowly gravitated to other species in the last 20 years. I think that trend started when we stopped taking horse pack trips with my Dad.  I still love to go up but miss getting to some of the farther basins we use to wander - like over at Atwood. The close locations are pretty packed these days. Even the lesser known ones.

I still try to make a run for grayling and there are a few streams that call my name in the summer. I also enjoy hobbyist gold planning and finding old pioneer locations. Lots of good memories

Do you have favorite spots you always gravitate to or are you always trying that next lake on the map?
I have really best ever spots, real cool spots, unbelievable to get to spots.  But I'm inclined to see what  is over the next ridge, I collect lakes like some people collect stamps.
I am very interested in your pioneer sites exploring, and even gold panning.  I have some tidbits of history knowlege of the Uintas. 
Let me know if we can talk or email.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there anyone you know hardcore Uinta lakes angler? - by Uintaman2 - 04-18-2022, 03:34 AM