Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road trip with Obifishkenobi
Shawn was up to his mother-in-laws for Easter weekend so we tried to get to Blackfoot Reservoir Saturday for some bank fishing. I had drove up two weeks ago. But found It still iced over. It is an hour drive from the city of Blackfoot. But the snowstorm of last Saturday has the road closed back off. 
So we turned around and headed to American Falls. At the dam we found two foot white capps and bad wind. We went down to Sportsman Park by Aberdeen and fished a while with no luck. 
So I took him to Crystal Springs. A small trout pond with paved trail around most of the pond and places for people in wheel chair to fish. They drained it and fixed something last year and it doesn't look like they have replanted it yet, because we didn't see a fish in that Crystal clear water. 
So off to McTuker ponds. I know they plant channel cats there. We fished a few of the ponds and never a bite. 
So the last chance we had to fish on the way back to Blackfoot was Springfield Pond. It is an artificial bait only, no scent or bait allowed. Two trout limit and nothing under 20" can be kept. 
On my second cast with a brass rattling castmaster I nailed this three pounder. 20 1/2" . 

Add image didn't work this morning, and I lost this whole post the first time. So I will try to add a picture after I post this.

[Image: 20220416-095054.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Road trip with Obifishkenobi - by fast_randy - 04-17-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: Road trip with Obifishkenobi - by fast_randy - 04-19-2022, 12:20 AM
RE: Road trip with Obifishkenobi - by fast_randy - 04-20-2022, 11:47 PM