Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brief and bumpy at Utah Lake, 5/7/2022
(05-09-2022, 07:05 PM)Panchodog Wrote: Thats a sweet looking Lund!

Thanks! It is a project boat. I got it after it had sat unused in the AZ sun for more than a decade. The friend who sold it to me said "it needs a lot of work, but it has good bones." He was right. I'm about 2/3 or the way done with the refurbishing I want to do, but it is far enough along to go out and so I do!

(05-09-2022, 10:03 PM)Mooseman75 Wrote: I to launched shortly after 6am but I launched out of Lincoln beach. It was Devon and myself and we stayed in 6 fow and about north of BS. We dragged flaits and my spinner bling hooks I made. We to found conditions the same : rough water and windy, much more than weather guesser predicted. By 8:30 there was white caps and it was shaking boat pretty good. Sun was coming out and I thought they would stop but the seemed to intensify. So we headed home in a skunk. Channel was 1.5-2' I just kept it trimmed up and didn't have a problem.

I'm glad you made it out and back. The channel sounds a little skinnier than I had heard, but there can be 1/2 a foot difference in transducer placement from one type boat to another. I hope the boat is working well. It seemed like a good one. 

BTW, you made a good choice to go home. By afternoon Orem reported over 40 MPH gusts. 

The catching will only get better from here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brief and bumpy at Utah Lake, 5/7/2022 - by Piscophilic - 05-09-2022, 10:38 PM