Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
national forest developed recreation site fees
Just to raise awareness of the intent of the forest service to implement fees for developed recreation sites.  The proposed fee structure is not entirely transparent or clear though it appears that the new fees will be entirely separate from the a forest service pass which will also has a proposed fee increase.  The latter apparently will continue to honor the interagency access pass, but I anticipate that the developed site will not.  It is also not entirely clear whether developed sites are each separate fees or whether one fee will cover all the developed sites in a forest/region/state etc.  I expect maybe each site separate to maximize and target fees, but seems like a administrative nightmare to me. Now also think that this is occurring across country, and how many fees you must identify and pay if you travel across forests and states etc.    Ultimately, one might anticipate this is first step down pathway of having developed sites managed by private consessionaires, and we have seen how well that works at Pineview and Tony Grove up Logan Canyon and others.

https://usfs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSer...cf5bc83fd8

Messages In This Thread
national forest developed recreation site fees - by smokepoles - 07-31-2022, 06:54 PM