Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knolls area ain't no more
(08-31-2022, 11:46 AM)Boatloadakids Wrote: I decided to make a trip over to the Knolls and fish with my kayak last Monday. The water is very low and I had to paddle half way to Bird Island to find four feet of water. I parked my truck in a couple of inches of water and left it there instead of pulling out on dry ground. It felt like solid gravel so I assumed I was good to go. I fished for a couple of hours and only managed two fish, 27 and 28 inches. No other interest, not carp, no white bass. Finally realized I was fishing where they ain't so headed back to truck and a nice surprise. My truck kinda settled down in the "solid gravel" and when I attempted to pull out I went down instead of forward. I managed to mire down to both axles in the mud and realized I was not going anywhere. No other fools out that way so I figgered it was either Life-Flight or try to track down a relative to come and fetch me out. Finally found a grandson who could leave his work long enough to pull me out.

[Image: DSC01413.jpg]

The knolls area has been good to me (for cats) but the water is just too low to attract and hold them there. It was a good trip even though I got stuck. I usually manage at least one similar blunder every year. Next trip will be to Lincoln by kayak again but I'll be very careful about where I put my wheels. The time of year is right for biggun's but low water seems to be changing everything for me while Jim and R and V continue to ketch the big ones. Thirty incher will show up soon.

Pray for water.
BLK/Lynn

Sorry to hear about your getting stuck. That is always a sick feeling, especially when no one is around. This low water situation has got me gun shay. One has to watch the depth finder all the time in order to avoid the under water bumps that were once not a problem. I need to find new places to fish but I don't like to ones I have tried so far.

rj

Messages In This Thread
Knolls area ain't no more - by Boatloadakids - 08-31-2022, 11:46 AM
RE: Knolls area ain't no more - by SkunkedAgain - 08-31-2022, 02:27 PM
RE: Knolls area ain't no more - by TubeDude - 08-31-2022, 03:47 PM
RE: Knolls area ain't no more - by Piscophilic - 08-31-2022, 04:23 PM
RE: Knolls area ain't no more - by BURLEY - 08-31-2022, 05:15 PM
RE: Knolls area ain't no more - by TubeDude - 08-31-2022, 05:24 PM
RE: Knolls area ain't no more - by Mr. J - 09-02-2022, 07:35 PM