Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID Requested
Thanks Pat,
I got that one out of Cutler along with two carp and a hand full of crappie or gills that I quickly released... I didn't know if it was a bait fish or not so I let it go as well and kept the carp to fish with... Those fresh dead carp are much better bait than my year old frozen one's... So just to be clear spot tail shiners are okay to use for bait, correct? This is the first time I've ever seen these shiners in Cutler, that I know of... Wonder if they are new? or just that I've never caught one before? Glad to see there is more bait fish than just fatheads and carp minnows... Later J
PS... I did end up catching three or four of those spot tails but no more carp... still tough cast netting but the carp size is perfect..

Google says they planted them in Oneida in the late 80's, but also references they were already present in the lower Bear River... So that's kind of interesting... Sounds like they should be a good food source for predator type fish... Wonder if I'll find more in my fall cast netting or if I just happened to hit the morning when a school went through.. Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!

Messages In This Thread
ID Requested - by SkunkedAgain - 08-31-2022, 09:15 PM
RE: ID Requested - by TubeDude - 08-31-2022, 10:03 PM
RE: ID Requested - by SkunkedAgain - 09-01-2022, 12:19 PM
RE: ID Requested - by TubeDude - 09-01-2022, 03:24 PM
RE: ID Requested - by Therapist - 09-02-2022, 08:17 AM
RE: ID Requested - by TubeDude - 09-02-2022, 11:20 AM
RE: ID Requested - by SkunkedAgain - 09-02-2022, 02:22 PM