Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Killed them today at Willard
Obifishkenobi and I hit Willard today and ended up with 20 cats but only kept our limits. it was one of those days when they seemed to like what we had to offer. We got to the North marina a little after 7am and found the water level had gone up since the last time I was there, it came up about 6" to 12". We headed over to the Feedlot area where Ira and I fished a week ago and started catching them there. After we caught 7, we decided to check out the work they did in the South marina channel that Ira and I noticed on Wed. Water level was 8 to 9 ft all the way back to where we were fishing. After we got back out of the channel and into the Bay a few hundreds yards we set up again and started drift fishing, our speed varied from .7 to 1 mph because of the breeze. We must have found the mother load because for the next two hours it was kitty city, with doubles and triples. All cats were between 21 and 24" and the same fligs Ira and I used on Weds worked today, as well as a blue one Shawn used, not sure if he used another color. We called it quits at noon and headed in. Thanks Shawn for a great trip today.

Water level coming up, this was bare ground last week, now just a few rocks exposed

[Image: risingwater.jpg]

Shad on the ramp

[Image: rampshad.jpg]

Our catch today

[Image: todayscatch.jpg]

One of Shawns cats

[Image: shawnscat.jpg]

Cats stomach contents

[Image: stomachcontents.jpg]

Baby cat

[Image: babycat.jpg]

Messages In This Thread