Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle help???
My wife ("The Champ") and I frequently fish on Deer Creek and enjoy good success, but today we found the boat launch ramp closed because the water was too low.  So, we drove on to Jordanelle. Fortunately, the water level at Jordanelle was higher (or the launch ramp goes deeper), and we were able to launch our boat.  The sky had scattered clouds, there was only a little wind, and the temperature was just right. In other words, conditions were ideal except for one thing.  We fished for over two hours with nary a nibble.  We trolled on the east side (across from the launch ramp) down to Rock Cliffs, using various rigs and techniques: a downrigger with a rainbow trout Rapala, popgear and a worm on leaded line, a sinking fly line with a black wooly bugger, etc.  Usually, these approaches produce fish, but not today at Jordanelle. As I said, we went over two hours without even a nibble.  Maybe it was the approaching storm front, maybe we just didn't know how or where to fish at Jordanelle. So I'm writing to ask for advice from experienced, successful Jordanelle anglers in the hope that the next time I go to Jordanelle I may be more successful.  Can anyone give me some guidance???

By the way, I eventually did catch one fish (if you want to call it that).  It was near the boat launch area, and it measured maybe three inches at most.  (Photo attached)  I'm sure Jordanelle can do better than that.
[Image: Jordanelle-Monster.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Jordanelle help??? - by SkinnyLynnie - 09-29-2022, 03:17 AM
RE: Jordanelle help??? - by Jmorfish - 09-29-2022, 04:30 AM
RE: Jordanelle help??? - by chubby chaser - 09-29-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: Jordanelle help??? - by FishfulThinkin - 09-29-2022, 05:12 PM
RE: Jordanelle help??? - by Redrebel - 09-29-2022, 06:29 PM
RE: Jordanelle help??? - by FishfulThinkin - 10-01-2022, 11:45 PM
RE: Jordanelle help??? - by stan55 - 10-01-2022, 04:44 PM
RE: Jordanelle help??? - by wiperhunter2 - 10-01-2022, 05:07 PM