Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Record snow for Feb, how much did you get?
(02-23-2023, 03:28 PM)2knots Wrote: 13-14”s here in Paradise, 1st time I’ve ever used more then 1 tank of fuel to get our driveways plowed lol

I burned 1½ tanks myself. Last fall I removed 120' of grass from the park strip replacing with rock eliminating watering. A neighbor across the street uses a blade on his ATV to clear his driveway pushing snow across street to my park strip. When I was clearing the sidewalk, I started slinging rock into my yard. Neighbor pushed rock from park strip onto sidewalk. All of a sudden, my thrower bogged down and was getting a clicking sound coming from under my lawn tractor seat. As I backed out of snowbank, noticed a trail of black little paddles dropping on the ground. These are remnants of blades from a fan that is mounted on top of the transmission. A chain reaction of 2 things that happened, rocks scooped in the tines shearing a bolt and a rock migrating into the tranny fan. I was able to find & purchase another fan for $40. Buying parts for my lawn tractor rates as bad as paying for boat parts. All fixed.

[Image: Tractor-Fan.jpg]
New and old fan
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF

Messages In This Thread
RE: Record snow for Feb, how much did you get? - by Bduck - 02-24-2023, 03:22 AM