Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Newbie Tuber Windblown at Willard 8-30-23
BFT mod Jil wanted to have me along to help her catch fish from her new tube at Willard.  We got to the south marina about 6:30...hoping to launch about 7ish to forecast calm conditions.  NOT.  Strong wind blowing in from the lake...and continued to blow all morning. 
[Image: NEW-RIDE-2.jpg]

But...all was not lost.  We did launch about 8:15...planning to fish inside the channel until the wind died down (we hoped).  Got Jil all set up with some whirly fligs and some left handed blue eyed minnows.  And only a few minutes later heard her whoop on the walkie talkie.  She had already landed a nice crappie.  A good start.  Thought it might be the beginning of a great day.  NOT.  That was the first, last and only fish either of us caught.  First skunk for me this year.
[Image: FIRST-FISH.jpg]  [Image: FIRST-ONLY.jpg]

We were not alone...waiting out the wind in the marina.  Several boats and multiple float tubes, pontoons and kayaks were also fishing inside and it was impossible to get in much fishing.  And I saw no other fish caught by anybody else.  The lake was still bumpy and whitecapping when we left.
[Image: WAITIN.jpg]  [Image: BUMPY.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Newbie Tuber Windblown at Willard 8-30-23 - by TubeDude - 08-30-2023, 08:25 PM