Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pinedale
So, I have about 4 days off in mid oct. Was planning to go south for pike but my darling bride informed me she wanted one more trip to the moutians. And if Cookie says we are going high and seeing the mts then that is what we are doing.  Rather than the Uintas we are looking at a trip over to Pinedale. I have been over that way a few times but always early / mid summer. Never late fall. 

Suggestions on camping that late, in that area,  considering the hunts and all. Will be pulling our RV

Will be trying for some shallow lake trout that have spawning on the mind. Anyone have advice on that idea. Maybe check out meadow to see how the grayling are doing.

Will be doing a bit of just wandering and looking at the amazing Wind Rivers maybe with a grouse gun in tow. Any road or locations that you enjoy - especially if they lead to a creek with hungry hippos waiting for an old country boy with his whipy stick.

And as always if you show up at camp have a plate handy and dip into the Dutch oven while I toss another stick on the fire.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew

Messages In This Thread
Pinedale - by Cowboypirate - 09-29-2023, 01:23 AM
RE: Pinedale - by wiperhunter2 - 10-01-2023, 01:24 PM
RE: Pinedale - by Cowboypirate - 10-01-2023, 03:53 PM