Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC Shoreline for Slimers
Was heading for Rockport, on the way up the canyon the sign said, "Accident Ahead-Expect delays".  Being that we thought we were already delayed we sidelined to East Canyon.
Yes we were late, a fisher every 200 feet throughout much of the southern area we liked, but we say an open point and decided to give it a try.  I was soaking a crawler on the bottom with about a 18" leader and a foam bead at the hook to keep it out of the moss.  My buddy decided on some bright green dough in a bottle, not sure of the flavor other than it being the wrong one.  We both threw lures.
It was dead quiet and smooth as glass., every now and then a fish would roll on top, just out of casting range. The inlet campground is closed, but the fishing stream access just above is still open.
So after a couple of hours of not a single hit we packed it up and moved up to the North end, "Gumby Point".  Things went pretty slow at first, then my buddy got hit and right after, it was my turn. He got his 13" in, I lost mine.  Shortly after the fish gods blessed me with another chance and soon after a fat 11" came ashore.  Not much size but smokeable. Not long after another, same size range, not SNITS, but probably this springs stockers.
Ended the day not as we had hoped but with enough to use some fresh dill and lemon on.

Messages In This Thread
EC Shoreline for Slimers - by Gone Forever - 10-19-2023, 11:24 PM
RE: EC Shoreline for Slimers - by Cowboypirate - 10-19-2023, 11:34 PM
RE: EC Shoreline for Slimers - by Gone Forever - 10-20-2023, 02:10 AM
RE: EC Shoreline for Slimers - by Bduck - 10-20-2023, 01:14 AM