Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, I'm done fishin' Mead...
I'm headed back to CA tomorrow, so I figure I might as well spill the beans about where I've been gettin' my fish at Mead. Like I said, I did a good deal of drivin' around tryin' to find a good bassy lookin' cove and I found it at the 33 Hole. Not much of a secret spot, as there were a good number of striper fishermen that I'd see there, but from what I heard from some of my bass tournament friends not a lot of guys fish there for the largemouths. Most of the striper fishermen in there were soaking anchovies, and I never saw any of them catch anything over 16". I however managed to get a couple of stripers that were boiling on shad to explode on my Lucky Craft Sammy topwater bait...caught a 4lber one day and a 7lber another day. Most of all though, I had very good success fishing for largemouths in this cove. My average fish was in the 2-3lb range (which I understand ain't bad of an average to have on this lake) and the biggest bass I stuck in there went 4lbs 1oz. A brown/purple bass stalker finesse jig was the ticket for the majority of the better sized fish, but I also caught fish on worms, crankbaits, senkos, hula grubs, and topwater baits. I'll attach a pic of one of the 3lbers...
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Well, I'm done fishin' Mead... - by SturgeonKid - 04-12-2004, 11:05 AM