Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent fishing report for Washington 6/7
Stillaguamish River – North Fork - June 6th, 2004
supplied by: [url "http://www.fisheyesoup.com/redir.php?recKey=48,re"][#0000ff]Dickson Flyfishing Steelhead Guides[/#0000ff][/url]
FISHING: Poor
North Fork Stilly: (6,000 @ Deer Creek) is completely out and will be until the weather settles. I would rate the little North Fork's fishing as "OK". We always seem to get an early squirt and this year is no different. The real 2 salt action will come in after July 4. The new vogue up there on this little stream seems to be a 14' doublehander rod, and Dink bobber and jig. Sure, I guess it's legal and must be effective or some of the Fortson Hole boys wouldn't do it but Geez.....

"Life is good again."

Our local rivers have reopened again after the May closing. Most steelhead streams I frequent in Alaska don't close. Good excuse to go north, I guess.

Jonathan & Mike have spent some Stilly time. The good news was there is a fine number of wild steelhead spawning redds in the upper river. The bad news is according to Jonathan there is also "fresh" steelhead gear hanging from the streamside sweepers where obviously the poachers have had their way. When you close rivers, you not only lose fishing opportunity, you lose your steelhead through poaching, it's the way it works. Enough said.

Messages In This Thread
Re: [tubeN2] Recent fishing report for Washington 6/7 - by tubeN2 - 06-07-2004, 05:15 PM