Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent Fishing Reports for Washington. 7/28
Snoqualmie River - July 22nd, 2004
supplied by: [url "http://www.fisheyesoup.com/redir.php?recKey=140,re"]The Avid Angler[/url]
RECORDED: [Image: sun.gif] 80 ° [Image: blackSpacer.gif] FISHING: Great

Now that the river has dropped into its summer flow, it is generally fishing very well with dry fly fishing being the order of the day.

I would go to any of the forks armed with a variety of caddis patterns and stimulators expecting lots of rises from these aggressive fish.

My favorite way to fish the Snoqualmie is to get there about 4pm and fish attractor dries for several hours until the sun comes off the water. I like a #10 yellow stimulator as this fly usually will draw strikes from the largest fish in the pool. After about 8pm, a midge hatch will often occur and it is best to switch to a small parachute adams (18, 20). Don't be fooled, some of the best fish will work this hatch and you will have a shot at some nice Snoqualmie fish. Fish for as long as you can, because the fish will rise until after dark.

As the weather warms and gets downright hot, concentrate your fishing in the streamy, whitewater flows as fish will gravitate towards this highly oxygenated flow.

Messages In This Thread
Re: [tubeN2] Recent Fishing Reports for Washington. 7/28 - by tubeN2 - 07-28-2004, 04:03 PM