Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tippy dam yesterday
I headed out at 4 A.M. yesterday for tippy , bot there just at the break of day . The water felt a little warm and only had one fish on in the coffer , used a two egg spawn sack , that was it for the coffer . lost about 8 different riggs and casted about a hundred times , nobody else had luck up there too .
went below and casted , walked the river down past the first two bends in the river with no results or big fish seen . i swithced over to dilly worms for the walk back and cought dosens of just under legal browns and rainbows . up at the first dam i landed a few rockbass and a legal walleye . all fish went back in .
fishing pressure is light , with only four boats being launched and anchored in the river , i never saw anyone land anything that was a keeper .
i'm not sure if i hit the bobber hole but , there is a hole across the river from the launch and up a bit that is decorated with bobbers all over the brush . it's got a ton of logs underwater that can be seen from the path above , couldn't see one fish in there thou .
plenty of red and yellow leaves are starting to show on the sunset side of the states trees , falls comming early .
i guess i'll try in another couple weeks , river gossip is that the weir is closed down below so no fish can make it up .
good fishing to you !
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
tippy dam yesterday - by lonehunter - 08-15-2004, 09:15 AM