Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tippy dam yesterday
Oh , i can do better .
I went over to the M-65 baitstore just south of Hale today , Bassass's neck of the woods . I despratley needed some pencil lead sinkers for my trips to the west side , Ed and Mary's store is the only place i have found them . 120 mile trip for sinkers and to see my old friends , ya gotta love fishing to do that .
Ed and Mary have known me since my first deerhunting trip in 92' .
Ed had just called as I arrived at the shop , he was just crossing the mac on his way home from a flyfishing outing . Mary was working the counter and comented that she wouldn't get a day off from the store untill mid december now , the fishing has started to pick up , that and the onset of the opening hunting season soon .
She said that the mouth of the Au Sable is crowded with fishing boats , the salmon have made it in that close . Night time spincasters are showing up by the droves to try there luck off the pierhead with rapalas , hot n' tots and little cleo's . Beachsitters are coming in too to do some tightlining on the hurons beaches .
Mind you during our entire conversation , Mary was tuning a guy's compound bow , and then proceded to string up his Bear recurve bow .
Mary ties all the spawn sold there too , and i think she's responsible for the wide assortment of salmon flies tied and sold there . What a gal !!!!!!!!!!!!
So , my prediction might be a week or two off , looks like the coho's are comming a little earlier than expected . i'll be stoping in at the M-65 bait store more often now , i will be able to give you week by week acurate reports on the fishing on the sunrise side and the sunset side .
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
tippy dam yesterday - by lonehunter - 08-15-2004, 09:15 AM
Re: [davetclown] tippy dam yesterday - by lonehunter - 09-01-2004, 10:58 PM