Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another run at 11 mile Yesterday.
[size 2]O.K., Its a personal challenge now!
Fished 11 Mile Yesterday and was shutout again. I saw fish being caught but didn't get any.

We rented a boat and fished Witches Cove which seemed to be pretty quite so we headed back to Coyote Ridge where last time I fished there seemed to be more fish activity (not by me). There was a single angler on the shoreline who was catching trout and I talked to for a while. He was running the same set up I ran last time for trout but had caught about 9 fish.

It's funny, the more I thought about it, when fishing new waters it seems the biggest obstacle is presentation confidence. As I was talking to the nice angler (he was sharing a lot of information about the Lake) I realized that if I had just stuck with my initial thoughts (at least on the trout) I would have probably been catching fish but I was changing presentation hourly hoping to figure out what the fish were biting on. It seems the hot ticket for the trout is Chartreuse PowerBait Carolina Rigged with about a 16" leader.

On the Pike, I threw water dogs, swimbaits, spinnerbaits, worms, spoons, and a couple off the wall stuff I had in my tackle box on the chance they just might work, NADA. At this point Its a mission! I heard from the Nice lady at the general store on the corner that sucker meats the way to go, I'll be trying that next.

Side note: If you don't have a boat, you may want to bring a float tube, boat rental is $75 for 4 hours + gas.

Anyone heading out to the Pike Tourney today? They are also having a free concert, free beer, etc..[/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator

Messages In This Thread
Another run at 11 mile Yesterday. - by theangler - 09-11-2004, 02:48 PM