Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buck Pole Hang them Deer pic's here
[font "Book Antiqua"][size 3][Image: Earthworm.gif] Michigan has several big game critters to chase after, deer being the most popular then black bear then elk. (No moose, not in the last 50+ years) [/size][/font]

[font "Book Antiqua"][size 3][Image: Earthworm.gif] Now you must win the lottery in order to hunt bear and elk. [/size][/font]

[font "Book Antiqua"][size 3][Image: Earthworm.gif] I believe that bear season has passed now and was wondering if any one bagged themselves a bar this season and if they wouldn’t mind sharing their success stories or the agony of the feet. (pics are always nice)[/size][/font]

[font "Book Antiqua"][size 3][Image: Earthworm.gif] The next season coming up will be deer (bow/archery) October 1st. [/size][/font]

[font "Book Antiqua"][size 3][Image: Earthworm.gif] Many hunters have already staked out their areas and have been sittin in their spots observing the habits of their quarry and getting them used to having themselves around. [/size][/font]

[font "Book Antiqua"][size 3][Image: Earthworm.gif] 90% of successful deer hunters if they talk at all will tell you that it is important to know the animal you are stalking. Many hunters already know the animal that they are going to shoot. It is not a difficult task to learn about the habitats and what to look for when out scooping your animal. [/size][/font]

[font "Book Antiqua"][size 3][Image: Earthworm.gif] Remember to take caution when selecting your location because there many different types of blinds archers will be using and you do not want to be in ricochets range of a fellow archer especially if you are sitting in a tent or ground blind below a tree stand or across another ground stand. [/size][/font]

[font "Book Antiqua"][size 3][Image: Earthworm.gif] Remember to scope your spot out early and mark it so that other hunters know that you will be in the area. It is first come first serve.[/size][/font]

[font "Book Antiqua"][size 3][Image: Earthworm.gif] You do not want to see the site that I saw a few years back on opening day of gun season. And that was an acre of open field with twenty hunters circled around it. [/size][/font]

[font "Book Antiqua"][size 3][Image: Earthworm.gif] Had it not been for the noise of all those hunters surrounding the field chasing off the deer laying there before days first light, and had a deer stood up in the middle of that field, there would not been enough ambulances available to carry off them idiots. [/size][/font]

[font "Book Antiqua"][size 3][Image: Earthworm.gif] It made me glad that when I showed up and saw all the vehicles in the lot I decided to wait in the car till I could see before walking it to the woods. And when I saw that field with the hunters circling it form my car when daylight came I started my engine and got the hell out of Dixie. A blown day of hunnting is by far better than a blown off head. [/size][/font][font "Book Antiqua"][size 4][Image: Earthworm.gif] Any way I would like to hear them huntin stories and reports successful or not. (Pics are always nice) [/size][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Buck Pole Hang them Deer pic's here - by davetclown - 09-26-2002, 02:27 PM