Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishing Sunny California
[cool] from the information that I have gathered thus far is that these lakes typicly freez around mid December to Christmas and stay frozen thrugh February to early march.

one would not normaly think that such conditions exist in this sunshine state. But if you concider where these lakes are located then it is not as much as a phonominom, these cold water lakes, home for trout since the last Ice age thaw are at elivations of 5000+ feet in altitude (above sea level)

at that altitude the weather conditions are similar to that of the great lakes state of Michigan and actualy cooler than the south eastern part of the state. (Detroit area)

while last year in the Detroit area where we were blessed with 3 - 4 weeks of good ice fishing, california lakes were doing outstanding trout fishing through the ice.

I am hoping to get in a day in at a couple of the trout ponds here in michigan this winter. I my self have yet to fish for trout through the ice and am looking forward to giving it a try.

What I have to do between now and the big freeze is learn the techniques of trout angling through the ice so That I will be prepaired when it is time.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Ice Fishing Sunny California - by davetclown - 10-24-2002, 02:51 PM
Re: [theangler] Ice Fishing Sunny California - by davetclown - 10-30-2002, 04:51 PM