Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flaming gorge 4/20-4/23
hi, im new to bigfishtackle, but have been impressed by the posts that ive read. im always online looking for tips and sharing my own reports. this is the best, as far as ive seen. the dwr sight is okay, but i never seem to get answers when i need them. i am also tired of all of the contention that seems to always be going on. you cant even give a report/tip without being critisized to death. i havent seen that here, so i thought id join up.

im heading up to the gorge next week. last year was my first year of trolling it, and i did real well on kokes and some rainbows. i fished mostly sheep creek, and linwood. i have an electric downrigger now, and would really love to catch a mac. i dont care what size right now, i just want to get into one. ive been reading all i can on the fish, and the lake. ive had a hard time finding resources. does anyone know of books or videos i can get on the lake? (not only for learning how to fish the lake, but also just to enjoy watching) i got a video from shasta tackle that isnt too bad- but it doesnt give any info on lakers or the gorge.

any tips for fishing for the macs this time of year? ive heard that jigging is the way to go right now. is that right? what colors are effective? do you tip them with sucker meat? how about smelly jelly?

how about trolling for the macs? is it good this time of year? ive tried rapalas in the past in frog and silver, and had no luck. ive read that the macs move north in the winter. are they still up around buckboard/big bend? or have they spread down lake now? what depths would you suggest right now?

any tips will be appreciated. ill report on my success, or lack thereof, when i return. i hope joining this forum will give me what im looking for- a good exchange with fellow fisherman who can treat each other right...that appears to be whats going on here- so here we go. thanks in advace, bkidder.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
flaming gorge 4/20-4/23 - by bkidder - 04-13-2005, 04:52 AM
Re: [bkidder] flaming gorge 4/20-4/23 - by gofish - 04-13-2005, 03:15 PM
Re: [gofish] flaming gorge 4/20-4/23 - by bkidder - 04-13-2005, 04:23 PM
Re: [bkidder] flaming gorge 4/20-4/23 - by gofish - 04-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Re: [gofish] flaming gorge 4/20-4/23 - by bkidder - 04-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Re: [bkidder] flaming gorge 4/20-4/23 - by MACMAN - 04-15-2005, 03:34 AM
Re: [MACMAN] flaming gorge 4/20-4/23 - by bkidder - 04-19-2005, 07:48 AM