Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albacore Moving into SoCal Waters
Hey there JJ Sans,

I second TubeN2's sentiments !! I want to fish/float tube Salton Sea specifically the tillapia. Don't laugh I like numbers as they keep me busy. The tillapia fishery last year took a nose dive (compared to years in the past when it was just crazy) so I didn't go. The sargo a few and far between too I heard. I'm not a Corbina (orange mouth) fan but I heard tillapia were great bait for them.

I believe they still have the critters in some numbers around the southwest shore ranger station jetty. I think they were being caught on green peas but I want to flyfish for them and if that's a no-go....... it's bait I suppose. Bass in the canals too but I want to use my tube to stay cool !!!

When you get some go-fish info please let me know and I'll make the trip. Been considering it for 3 years !! Haven't got the 3 things (fish, decent heat, and wind conditions) lined up yet!

To summerize, totally glad I took time to post today, the two...... TubeN2 and TubeNtoo too would be game to tool down to the sea too. huh?!

JapanRon
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Albacore Moving into SoCal Waters - by JapanRon - 04-17-2005, 04:48 AM